Took the Sunbeam to New Hampshire for a race

To: Sunbeam <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Took the Sunbeam to New Hampshire for a race
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:12:16 -0400
I just returned from New Hampshire's Vintage event.   Dick Waite raced the
Alpine for me since I don't hold a VSCCA license.  Dick has a long history
with Sunbeams, he was on the pit crew for the Harrington at Sebring in 1963.
Overall,  It was a great time.  After 34 years of storage to have the car
back on the track.

I hope to post a few pictures of the race/practice in the next day or two.
I have already posted one image on the intro page to my website.  The car
sure looks fast...

If anybody is thinking about getting into vintage racing don't hesitate.  I
didn't even drive and had a fantastic time.  Well, next Spring I will be
going through drivers school.

Steve Silverstein
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/racing/Alpine_racing_home.html