Clutch MC fixed

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch MC fixed
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 07:57:21 EDT
When I took my clutch master cyl apart, I found that the seals had been
turned to mush, apparently by the wrong brake fluid.  I remember rebuilding
this a year or two ago, and I have always used the Castrol LMA fluid.  Isn't
this the right stuff for our British rubber?

Anyway, I bought a kit from Pegasus (it was a .70 m/c and not original, plus
I ordered the kit Thursday morning and UPS dropped it off Friday
afternoon...), rebuilt it yesterday and used some new Lucas fluid which I
also had not tried before.

Am I doomed to repeat this every year or so?

Gary Strom