Cam Shafts

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam Shafts
From: "Steve Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:47:41 +1000
Hi All,

I have been luckly enough to obtain a large range of Hillman/Rootes parts from
a chap who is moving house and retiring. Among the two van load of parts that
I have yet to sought out are about a dozen cam shafts (some new) for both 1600
and 1725 engines. He told me to take no notice of the origional rootes tubes
they are in as they have been moved around over the years. My problem is how
to tell the difference between steel head cams and alloy head cams, I know the
difference with the oil pump cog between the 1600 and 1725 but not the head
differences.

And for those Aussie readers, I have just purchased a complete set of gaskets
for a complete engine rebuild from Repco and they are not old stock,
manifactured in 1999. Repco also have bearings for the 1725 engine as long as
you tell them it's for a Hillman Hunter GT (alloy Head)

Steven G

VGT-66 slowly getting there.