Re: 1592 w/1725 Head

To: Chris Stephenson <cs_tscg@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: 1592 w/1725 Head
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:53:48 -0700
Chris,

I hate to say this, but I wouldnt event rotate the engine till
I knew what was what.  I figure that just turning the engine could
break a tooth on the cam, which would be one of the worst things
to happen being cams (for the 1725) have become rather rare.

Welding up the oil tube for the timing chain is a double edged sword.

It will get you more oil for cooling the bearings, but will hasten the
wear on the timing chain.  If you choose the latter, be prepared
to perform more maintainance.

Jarrid