Re: oil smells like gas

To: "robert nanzig" <rnanzig@webtv.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil smells like gas
From: "rootes" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:33:53 -0500
If there's no sign of leakage at the fuel pump, I'd suspect either a
malfunctioning choke, or over-rich jets in the Weber. Was the carb jetted
for the car, or installed out-of-the-box?

The occasional backfire could indicate an over-rich mixture, too. Is the car
getting really bad gas mileage?

Hope this helps,

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA