groovy Sunbeam poster

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: groovy Sunbeam poster
From: "Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:16:30 +1000
I've received a letter from the ARCC (Association of Rootes Car Clubs)
advertising a poster representing a history of the Sunbeam marque. According
to the letter it represents every model of Sunbeam produced and includes a
proof of the poster.

It looks quite good, but it certainly doesn't represent every model. It's
patchy at best on pre-war stuff, but to represent every possible pre-war
variation would be almost impossible anyway. Size limitations would make
this difficult, even if illustrations of all these vehicles could be found.
It also omits the 1977-81 Talbot Sunbeam.

According to the letter, the poster is 60cm x 80cm, with each vehicle 4-5
inches long.

You can see it for yourself at http://www.auto-graphisme.com/

Apparently UK ARCC clubs will be selling them through their regalia
services. There is also an order form on the site, but no credit card
facility so you have to send a bank draft or money order. Price is FF100
(before postage) which is about US$14, AUD26 or GBP10 if I have calculated
correctly.

I have no connection with the vendors of course. Perhaps someone could
forward this to the Tiger list too?

Russ Maddock

Sunbeams hit the Gold Coast in June 2001 - www.qld.sunbeam.org.au/national