Re: Sunbeam Racers

To: "Wonk" <a.fletcher@clear.net.nz>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Racers
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 08:41:45 -0700
>Looking for any information on the Rodreigus?
>brothers,Mexicans who apparently raced Rootes
>vehicles in the mid 60's anyone know of a site
>that has info on them or am I way off beam with
>this any info appreciated.

First, the spelling is probably Rodriguez.

Also, I have a Rootes promo video tape that references them at the Le Mans
where the Harrington Alpine won the Index of Thermal Efficiency, 1961!
Except, the mention of them had nothing to do with the Alpine, but the huge
Ferraris they were driving, and possibly won it.  So, you might find more
about them through those cars.  I don't recall hearing about them in Rootes
cars.

Jay