Re: Brake Fluid Loss

To: "Ian Clarke" <ian@g0rtf.demon.co.uk>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid Loss
From: "jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:53:31 -0500
I would be willing to bet on the booster leaking internally. It will suck up
to a quart or so of fluid before the fluid level in the vacuum tank gets
high enough to enter the vacuum port. Then it will belch vile smelling white
smoke out the exhaust every so often when you step on the brake.

Rebuilding is tedious, but pretty straightforward, as long as the bores
aren't pitted.

Jon Arzt
Omaha,  NE