RE: Voltage Stabiliser - Temp/Fuel Gauge

To: SunbeamAlpine64@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Voltage Stabiliser - Temp/Fuel Gauge
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:25:44 -0700
Mark,

>After putting up with needles that go up and down like a fiddlers elbow I
>need to fix the stabiliser. I don't know if this has any bearing on the
fault
>but I converted to negative earth a couple of years ago but the problem has

>been there as long as I've had the car.

>Anybody any advice on repair, replacement, alternatives?

I have built several over the years, and more recently gave some parts
to Sergio Dimarmo, who built one and is/was running in his series V.

You still out there Sergio?

The replacement regulator is a solid state type, which uses an LM317
3 resistors, a zener diode and a capacitor.
The regulator runs at 10v, but could be easily adjusted to calibrate
an error in a guage.

The regulator works well, doesnt have a temperature error, and runs
essesntially forever, unlike the mechanical regulator.

Schematic available to any interested individual.

>I'm sure Sabirfocla will have some comment but I'd prefer him to keep it to

>himself.

Umm, lets put this to bed already.
The banter becomes more insulting than the infraction.

Jarrid Gross