Re: [Re: Radio]

To: "jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Radio]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 13 Apr 2001 21:49:54 EDT
Jon,

That seems to be what I have found also-probably the two requirements were
positive ground and low cost (to the dealer!). Motorola by far seems to have
been the favorite though.

Jan

"jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com> wrote:
I guess dealers installed pretty much whatever they wanted to. My 1961 Super
Snipe was a european delivery - they ordered the car here, and picked it up
in England. It has a Radiomobile LW/MW. My 1966 Super Snipe estate came with
a Blaupunkt AM/FM  that is switchable for positive or negative earth. My
theory is the dealer that sold it new in Philadelphia, PA also sold high-end
German cars, and had easy access to Blaupunkt.

All I have to do now is get around to sending it to Blaupunkt for overhaul!

Jon Arzt