Re: Polished Rocker fingers.

To: "Jarrid Gross" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Polished Rocker fingers.
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:22:07 -0700
According to "The Sports Car Engine", by Colin Campbell, and thanks to Tom
Weincek, the God of Plenty that I have a copy, The purpose is to reduce
weight primarily, and secondly to reduce the possibility of fatigue. Any
extra weight that can be removed from the valve train releases horse power.
The book goes on to say that the valves can be ground to different shapes,
but lightening holes should not be drilled because they increase the chance
of stress risers. It further states that shot peening should also be done,
but this should precede any final polishing. Lou