Re: Alpine Dana 44 rear end Swap???

To: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Subject: Re: Alpine Dana 44 rear end Swap???
From: "jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:53:54 -0600
        There's a Ford Maverick axle in my Funwagon. The PO cut all the
brackets from the both axles, welded all the Commer brackets to the Ford
axle, and bolted it in. Looks like he might have had the back of the
driveshaft modified too, since the front and rear u-joints aren't the same.

        He really didn't do a bad job - but he overlooked one thing. He took
out a 5.75 to 1 axle, and put in a 2.79 to 1!!!! Made for a LOT of clutch
slipping until I changed the ring and pinion to 4.65 to 1.

Jon Arzt