Re: Ammeter Oddity

To: GSTROM99@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ammeter Oddity
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:40:10 -0800
>Sounds like the darn thing is wired backwards...
>Putting your lights ON,
>sound bright it down.

I agree.  I wired it the same way it was before and even asked at the
shops, both confirming I did it right.  This is not the Lucas one, but a
Mitsubishi alternator from a Mazda.  It has three connections - B, S and L.
B is for battery and goes to the battery after stopping at the starter
solenoid.  S is for switch and it just gets looped to the B (which is how
my last Hitachi from a 280Z was wired - and exactly how the Z manual showed
it should be wired for the Z).  L is for light, and it goes straight to the
dash light - the other side going straight to keyed power.

I guess it serves me right for not sticking with Lucas!

I think I'll spin by Pep Boys and see if I can find a Mazda wiring diagram.
But, they were confident that is how it gets wired and the volts are
working correctly.

Jay