Commers

To: humber_snipe@hotmail.com
Subject: Commers
From: "Rick Harrison" <beamertwo@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:47:07 EST
Jon,

Talking about Commers brings back some fond memories for me. Before I went
to university I had a job with the father of a friend driving a 2500
delivery van. I can remember doing all sorts of weird and wonderful things
with it. Taking it to the drive-in - they made us park in the back row,
losing the rear end in the wet while negotiating some esses - what a wild
ride, I can remember cars going everywhere trying to avoid me! I also
remember it used to backfire fabulously when the ignition was turned off and
on in tunnels. The boss probably wondered why the muffler was ruined. It
also used to lift a rear wheel when doing slow U-turns up a driveway. More
than once I had to ask people to hang off the rear bumper to bring the wheel
back to the ground so I could move. Too little suspension travel perhaps?
Anyway I'm sure you will have great fun with yours!

Rick Harrison