Re: 1600 vs 1725 ...

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1600 vs 1725 ...
From: <ellis838@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:01:22 -0500
 I am coming down the home stretch on a 1725/chevy rod engine build. There is
a chevy rod that does not require material to be added to the big end, you
actually have to remove a little. I have also come up with off the shelf bits
to put together a big valve head. Finding parts that will work is time
consuming but there is a certain satisfaction in locating that off the shelf
retainer or valve springs that work for your combination. The parts are not
expensive it is the machine work that as my machinist says will "hurt you
feelings". I would list the bits that have gone into my build up so far but am
afraid it would give Ian a bad case of the shakes. I once suggested a feature
write up on the engine build and heard no more that is until he thought I had
a Harrington.;)  Actually I am a little leery of making suggestions for
building one of these money eating beasts until I see how well it works or
doesn't as the only way to find out is do it. Hopefully when it is done the
Tigers will not be so far ahead in the straight stretches. Jim 66 SV