Re: Problem with my Ignitor

To: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Problem with my Ignitor
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 07:15:07 -0500 (EST)
The problem might be caused by the rotor pressing down too hard on the
plastic "ring". I noticed when I installed an ignitor in my Hillman that
the rotor didn't sit right-I filed/sanded about 1/8 inch off the bottom
of the rotor and then it all seemed to fit well.
Jan
     I had a similar problem with my rotor not sitting right. It did't
occur to me that it was sitting too high. It would jump off the shaft on
hard acceleration.  So I switched from an off brand to Lucas , roughed
up the inside with sandpaper and it has held in place .

Rob Nanzig
67SV