Re: fuel tank

To: <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel tank
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 19:06:45 EST
Mike,
I just did both sets of tanks for my car and my son's.
I had the outside and inside powder coated, but then decided I didn't trust
the powder inside the tank so I used the Por-sealer in both the tanks and the
crossover tubes.
I don't know why anyone would go through the trouble of removing the tanks
and not sealing them.  Just cleaning them is not enough.
Have them boiled out at a radiator shop, then paint or powder coat the
outside.  It will take only 1 quart of sealer to do a set (tanks and tubes).
Use duck tape to tape ends, pour in and seal the other end with tape.  Slosh
around to a good tune on the radio and then uncap and drain.  Hang the tank
by a coat hanger and let it drain back to the jar.
When it's down to just a drip, just but some newspaper under it.  Do the
others the same and you are set to use in 72-92 hours.  Or something like
that.
Any questions call me.
Paul