Buy Them All?

To: Ian Spencer <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Subject: Buy Them All?
From: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:32:36 -0500
I seem to remember seeing a comment in a magazine somewhere that it would be
possible to buy all of the Sunbeam Tigers that are still in existence for
something like $10 million.  That is not as out-of-sight as it would appear as
there have been a number of cars sold for over $1 million each. So, for the
price of 10 exotica, you could corner the market on Tigers.

I wonder what one of those $300,000 cars is worth used???? Remember an Alpine
sold for $2,500 NEW!  Now one in "like new" condition is triple that or more...
is that $300,000 car going to be worth $900,000?

Jan

Ian Spencer <SpenceIC@Healthall.com> wrote:
> If I had 300,000.00 to spend on a cars, I would buy all the Harringtons in
>the world! :-)
Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com wrote:

> I've got a buddy who owns a 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV.  It's bright blue
> and does 0-60 in the 4 second range, and costs about $300,000.  ........ Then
> last Friday,
> he came up to me at the pool (we work out there usually at about the same
> time), and asked me if I would swap cars for a weekend.  My Alpine for his
> $300,000 Lamborghini.  OK, so have you guessed what I said by now?  He was
> dumbfounded.  He couldn't believe I didn't jump at it........

Jay:
You're not nuts, you're "right on". People ask me and Jane what kind of car
will we buy if we really make it big and the answer is always the same: We'll
make the "baddest", fastest Sunbeam there is! I know that's not good English
grammer, but that's the truth!! We always get similar comments all the time
about the trunk size and room and comfort inside the car, what a good looking
car it is, and occassionaly, when someone doesn't know what it is, a question
about where the nearest dealer is so they can buy a new one.

Steve Sage