Am I nuts?

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Subject: Am I nuts?
From: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:33:48 -0500
Jay,

You are not nuts at all.... never loan out something of great value to you to
someone who does not appreciate the value of it.  To your friend, your Alpine
is down there in the "junker" category-if the door gets "dinged" so what, big
deal-"it ain't worth nothin' anyway".  He would not understand why you would be
upset over it.

Jan Eyerman
1959 Hillman Minx Series III (MY baby!)
1973 Plymouth Cricket (my stepchild!)

Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com wrote:
> I've got a buddy who owns a 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV.  It's bright blueand
>does 0-60 in the 4 second range, and costs about $300,000.  He recently
changed his exhaust and the new "performance" exhaust cost $7,000.  We've
gone to lunch in his car from time to time.  Last week, we went to lunch in
my Alpine for the first time.  I think he gave more compliments about my
car than I ever have about his!  He checked out the trunk, commented that
it really could fit luggage, and said something about thinking his wife
would love to drive up the coast in something like this.  Then last Friday,
he came up to me at the pool (we work out there usually at about the same
time), and asked me if I would swap cars for a weekend.  My Alpine for his
$300,000 Lamborghini.  OK, so have you guessed what I said by now?  He was
dumbfounded.  He couldn't believe I didn't jump at it.

Of all people, my wife understands.  My dad and a co-worker have decided I
should be locked up.  But, it's my baby.

Although I have to admit a flaw in my argument.  Had he offered a
convertible 1960's Lamborghini/Ferrari/Maserati, with Borani wire wheels
and 6 downdraft Webers (for 12 cylinders), or a Porsche 550 Spyder or RSK,
I'd probably have said yes.

Heck, if he can afford a $7k exhaust, I should find him a $7k Alpine he can
take for more than the weekend!

Jay