Kunifer

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Kunifer
From: "Marc Stenchever" <Marcsten@prontomail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:22:46 -0700

                         I thought I would try and
throw the topic off of the Azteck (I think they
are
                         ugly too) by mentioning
what I heard on a phone conversation with a fellow
                         Alpine owner last night.
Scott Carothers, a Series IV owner from
Louisville, Ky
                         was filling me in on all
the Sunbeam activity in his area when he mentioned
                         Tiger that he found
sitting at a local shop. He stopped to check it
out and
                         learned that it belonged
to some guy who is having it lowered, as well as
having
                         a set of low profile,
extra wide tires installed (You know, the kind
that stick
                         way out of the
fenders).....Arrrgggggg!!!! What are people
thinking? I know I
                         kid around about Tigers
being inferior to Alpines and all that good stuff,
but
                         this is a real shame.
Tigers steer bad enough, just wait until this guy
tries to
                         take this thing into a
corner! What a crime!
                         --
                         Ian Spencer <
www.sunbeamalpine.org>

Being only 40 something, I still remember when I
was 16 and had a Datsun. I wanted glass packs
(braaaap), and wide tires/wheels (can't seem to
turn the wheel), and a Hurst "fist" shifter. As I
look back as a hard core "stock" person now, I can
only shake my head.....
Marc