SAOC Membership

To: "Sunbeam Alpines" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: SAOC Membership
From: "Patrick" <pLaske@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:19:21 -0500
I'm going to take over from Tom Wiencek as the US representative to the
SAOC.  If you are interested in joining, read on.

To all USA Alpine enthusiasts-
     You can now join the Sunbeam Alpine Owner's Club (England) for one year
for $36 US. I will pay your dues in British pounds to the SAOC so you do not
have to get a check in pounds.  The one year membership fee is 23 pounds.
The exchange rate is approximately one pound = $1.45 plus $2.65 for
processing.

Many US Alpine owners are reluctant to join the SAOC.  This is mainly due to
the club requirement for the dues payment to be in British pounds.  Most US
banks do not have a large demand for checks in a foreign currency, thus the
service fee is usually $10-$20.  However, the newsletter is superb and I
feel that non-members are really missing out on a good thing.  I feel that
the idea of a US representative for SAOC membership would increase the total
membership in SAOC and help support the preservation of the Sunbeam marquee.
Thus, I have volunteered to provide this service to our US Alpine (and other
Rootes Group cars) enthusiasts.

I propose the following procedures for joining the SAOC through me, the US
representative.  Email me (plaske@bigfoot.com) to let me know that you want
to join.  I will send you a form by email to fill out.  You can email me the
form back and either transfer the money to me on Paypal (this is preferred -
use my email of plaske@bigfoot.com) or send me a check or money order in the
mail (tell me in your email that you want to do that and I will send you my
address).

It will be your responsibility to fill out and return the form to the SAOC.
I will notify SAOC of your address and to subtract your dues from the US
members account after I receive your money.  Please note that SAOC
memberships come in two forms.  A full year starting October First
(currently 23 pounds) and a half year fee starting April 1 (currently 17
pounds).  There are no prorated memberships.

We are a little late in doing this so please respond ASAP.  Thanks.

Patrick