Electrical System Prob?

To: "Sunbeam Alpines" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical System Prob?
From: "Patrick" <pLaske@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:43:43 -0500
I hadn't started my SV in a little bit and when I tried yesterday I found
the battery to be dead.  I didn't think too much of it, until I started
charging the battery.  I found that after the battery had a little charge,
the brake lights went on.  When I'd turn the charger off, the brake lights
would go off. It bothered me enough so that I ended up pulling both tail
light bulbs out while the battery charged.  Tonight I pulled the charger off
and started the car.  It turned over and started fine.  I haven't put the
tail light bulbs back in yet, but when I do I bet they are not on.  Does
anyone know if this is a symptom of an electrical problem?  I'm thinking
maybe a short caused the battery to go dead?  Or, would this, for some
strange reason, be normal?

pjl