soft metal

To: "alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: soft metal
From: "michael proper" <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:35:48 -0400
Well after 3 months at the body man's house my SV is almost ready to paint.
He has a complaint about the metal used on this car is extremely soft and
difficult to work with when the metal has been stretched. He said they must
have used this type of metal due to limited production of this vehicle?  He
asked me to hit this list with this to see if others have the same problem
and answers as to why they used this type of metal?  This guy is awesome at
what he does and is very knowledgeable about British cars as he works on
Jaguars and roll Royce cars all the time. Just a question.

Mike Proper
Lansing, MI.
67 SV