Re: Wiring alternative Alternator

To: servaij@cris.com
Subject: Re: Wiring alternative Alternator
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:58:41 -0700
Jan writes:

>Did the pulley line up OK? That seems to be the hardest
>thing to get right. I have even seen various rebuilt OEM
>alternators not line up for some reason.

Yes.  Actually, I'm not convinced the water pump pulley and the crank are
exact.  But, I've got the alternator on the same exact plane as the water
pump pulley.

I will note that I have no idea what pulley is on the alternator.  I
presume it is whatever was on the alternator when it was pulled off of the
car it came from.  But, I can't swear by it.  I do believe that there are
different pulleys out there that will allow you to adjust where the center
point is.

Jay