Re: C4 and C5 VINS

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: Re: C4 and C5 VINS
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:56:26 -0500
Yes, I actually owned a Series 3 GT that had the C4 tag. I parted the car out
and I still have the data tag. It is without a doubt a factory stamping.  They
are also starting to pop up in the registry responses, so I know it can't be
something someone has done on their own. If anyone can help solve this riddle,
please contact me. - Ian

Ian Spencer
Client Services
Alliance Business Center
Health Alliance
(513) 585-7123

>>> <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com> 07/21/00 03:20PM >>>
Ian, are you saying that with your own eyes you have seen factory VIN
plates with those extra "C4" or "C5" stamped in between the "B" and the
"9..." ?  If so, I certainly believe it, but certainly join you in being
stumped.

Jay