Silicone Brake Fluid

To: John Stanco <jstanco@cordmeyer.com>
Subject: Silicone Brake Fluid
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:15:56 -0400
John,

Since I no one replied yet, I'll give it a shot.

I believe you have to completely flush the system of the old fluid before
introducing DOT 5 Silicone fluid into your brake system. The two fluids are
incompatable, and will cause problems if you mix the two together.

Are you sure you want to use DOT 5? There are some disadvantages.

Tom
Message text written by John Stanco
>List,

About a month ago there was some talk about putting silicone brake fluid as
opposed to conventional fluid.  I am thinking of converting since I have to
bleed the system (a long story).  Do I have to flush the system before
introducing the silicone or can I just fill the reservoir?  If I have to
flush then with what product?

Thanks

John S.
SII<