Replacing ear view mirror glass

To: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Replacing ear view mirror glass
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:44:06 -0400
Paul,

On my series V, I had a new mirror cut at a auto glass shop. Mine wasn't
broken, so he used the old mirror as a template. I would try making one out
of card stock to get the right fit, and have one cut from the pattern.

The new mirror was slightly thicker than the old glass, but it popped back
in place without any adhesive. The original glass was glued in, but the
glass guy told me to be careful what kind of glue to use because some glues
will eat away at the silvering that makes the mirror.

I don't know if the earlier series Alpines have the same mirror.

good luck
Tom

Message text written by "Paul Heuer"
>Hi all,
I have been offered an interior rear view mirror for my S3 Alpine. The
problem is that the glass is broken. Can the glass be easily replaced?

Advice from anyone who has 'been there, done that' would be most
appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul.<