Re: Lifters for Series V Alpine, 2/3 the height of stock, less weightbut

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lifters for Series V Alpine, 2/3 the height of stock, less weightbut
From: <ellis838@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:55:12 -0400
Steve, I just purchased several sets of Isky lifters [SB02] and push rods [SB03]
and the lifters are just as you describe, around 1/3 shorter. I bought them for
the chevy rod motor that I am putting together, and considered my self lucky to
have found them. When I talked to my machinist about it he promptly burst my
bubble by saying it is a waste of money. With thoughts of, yes so what's your
point, I bought the stuff anyway and intend to run it in the new motor. Do not
know about longevity or power gains but since you have a set that came with your
race car and the after market also made them I feel more comfortable about using
them. Jim