Re: electrical help

To: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: electrical help
From: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@iccom.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 15:50:47 -0700

Tom Yang wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Can anybody explain the function of dielectric grease?

Tom, mainly the grease is a protectorant to help keep corrosion from starting
and to help keep clean fittings clean. It doesn't help old corroded parts get
better nor will it enhance electric flow if the they are not good tight clean
fittings.

> Is it conductive?

Yes it is.

> Will it help a switch work better if applied internally, or will it short
> it out?

It will cut down sparking of switches and will enable better operation of
that switch and no it won't short out. As I pointed out , if the system is in
good order it will allow it to work better. .

> I'm trying to fix some problems caused by Lucas design!

It may help, I would clean all the parts as well as possible the apply the
grease to the parts as you wish. I use brake or carb cleaner to get rid of
oils or grease and sand paper and /or file to remove as possible any build up
of corrosion ...

My 2p
Chuck