New Harrington Owner

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: New Harrington Owner
From: AlpineDriver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:22:44 EDT
All,

I have just acquired a Harrington LeMans, 1962.   This was owned by Jann
Helzer of Tacoma, Washington, USA and formerly owned [way back] by Stoney
Barnes.

On first inspection the body is very solid, no rust, good glass including
window chrome.  Exterior body trim chrome and tail lights are missing.  The
interior appears original and in good condition (not torn up but probably
fragile) but the door panels and the glove box door are missing.   The
original engine and transmission are missing  ;-(

Color code 39, probably has been repainted but still Carnival Red.

Thanks to Jim Leach who showed this to me last fall and who helped put
together the deal including getting a local British dealer to buy the new
parts (few Rootes items) and an MG which all had to be sold in one package
deal.    Thanks to Dick Sanders and Kevin Rodgers for putting in a 16 hour
day Saturday getting the car plus a large truck full of used parts etc.
Thanks to Larry Atkisson and Dave Dunn for use of equipment.  All are in
Pacific Tiger Club.

Rob Carpenter
Seattle, WA
Series V