Re: [6pack] Carbs (story - not a question)

To: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Carbs (story - not a question)
From: rmf3860 rmf3860 <bobfabie@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:43:05 -0400
Cc: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>

--000000000000af161805f9d7290f

Great story Sloane, one I can certainly relate to more than once.
Bob.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 7:33 AM im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So just laughing at myself and like to share. Here's how to "maximize"
> your shipping cost on a small project. Backed the Six out a couple weeks
> ago after my yearly oil change. Looked under, no oil leaking, but damn.
> Both carbs are leaking. I've been thinking those O-rings probably needed
> replacing soon anyway. So a quick order to MOSS for 2 O-rings. Why did I
> think I could get off those float bowls and not need float bowl gaskets?
> So, oh well, 2nd order to Moss for two float bowl gaskets. Got it all
> back together with no problem. Left the breather off so I could see the
> bowls better upon startup, backed it out. Looks good - no leaks. However,
> hmmm, looks like the rear carb air valve isn't moving up and down. So, 3rd
> Moss
> order for 1 diaphragm. Man that thing will scoot with 2 working carbs. I
> must have gotten a crack in that diaphragm sometime a year or two ago.
>
> Happy Motoring,
> Sloane
> 69 Six
> 72 Spit (in body shop for almost 2 years now :)
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/bobfabie@gmail.com

--000000000000af161805f9d7290f

=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Apr 21, 2023=
 at 7:33 AM im sloane &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:im_sloane@hotmail.com";>im_sloan=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
So just laughing at myself and like to share. Here&#39;s how to &quot;maxim=
ize&quot; your shipping cost on a small project. Backed the Six out a coupl=
e weeks ago after my yearly oil change. Looked under, no oil leaking, but d=
amn. Both carbs are leaking. I&#39;ve been thinking
 those O-rings probably needed replacing soon anyway. So a quick order to M=
OSS for 2 O-rings. Why did I think I could get off those float bowls and no=
Moss for two float
 bowl gaskets. Got it all back together with no problem. Left the breather =
off so I could see the bowls better upon startup, backed it out. Looks good=
 - no leaks. However, hmmm, looks like the rear carb air valve isn&#39;t mo=
 order for 1 diaphragm. Man that thing will scoot with 2 working carbs. I m=
ust have gotten a crack in that diaphragm sometime a year or two ago.=C2=A0=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">