Re: [6pack] Assembly continues

To: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Assembly continues
From: William Pugh via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 08:48:42 -0800
Cc: TR6 Group <6pack@autox.team.net>
Very nice â?¦ now that you have the opportunity you should think about changing
positions for the gauges.  Not a Concours idea, but if you put the Oil
Pressure, and Temp gauges near the glove box you will find them much easier to
see while driving, I did it, works great.

My theory is the Factory design was for Right Hand Drive, but our cars are
mostly Left Hand Drive. I just got fed up with having to peer around the
steering wheel to check most vital gauges.

> On Nov 24, 2019, at 4:06 PM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>
>    This afternoon, my Friends, I finished the wooden fascia and installed it
> on the sub-fascia. It now fits nicely, if a bit imperfectly. Fortunately, any
> misalignment, thanks to the repairs made to the wood, is well hidden.
>    Attached is a picture of the driver's side of the fascia. The speedo,
> master light switch, hazard switch, and temperature gauge are now installed.
> The warning lights and instrument illumination lamp holders are now fitted
> with LED lamps.
>    That's as far as I got today. Tomorrow we have the grandkids so I expect
> no TR6 progress. More later...

Bill Pugh
1970  TR6
â??Rosey"