[6pack] Thrust Washers (yeah, I know…)

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Thrust Washers (yeah, I know…)
From: Douglas Morris via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 18:45:05 -0400
Anybody have any sage advice about the best way to deal with the loss of the
rear-most thrust washer and the resultant scarring?
Yeah, I did a web search; and it looks like this is a known issue.
Now, Iâ??m looking for an approach that doesnâ??t require pulling the engine.

So far, it appears that I can weld-up and mill the cap areas that support the
washer legs (could use a pointer to spec dimensions),
install alloy washers, then sacrifice a goat and hope the new washers will bed
into the block adequately to drive for a while,
at least long enough so I donâ??t have to yank the engine until winter.

Anyone? Beuller?

Doug Morris, NC
74 TR-6