Re: [6pack] Source of BSP British threaded bolts?

To: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net> FILETIME=[0E436200:01D05DC2]
Subject: Re: [6pack] Source of BSP British threaded bolts?
From: James_ <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 12:15:22 -0700
Cc: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
At first it seemed the threads were 27, but checking again it looks like they
are in fact 28 and a 1/4 thick bolt. It was difficult to tell and the good nut
I had didn't want to screw on those threads but I suspect it was because it
was a bit old.
So I my be ok.
The dang bolt in question is the one that is welded inside the wheel well, and
has a flat, round 'disk' head. It goes through the inner wheel well to the
engine compartment to secure the rod for the front valance. Rod part number at
TRF is 714768 and 714769.
It would be awesome to locate an original type of bolt that has the disk
shaped head and weld it, or a threaded stud. I plan to drill out the old
broken bolt and cut threads to accept a new one. Maybe one day tack weld it
because there probably won't be enough meat to cut a decent amount of threads.

Oh the joys of broken bolts and the compulsion to fix everything properly!

Cheers.

James

> On Mar 13, 2015, at 10:04 AM, "Bob Labuz" <yellowtr@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> James,
>
> Most nuts and bolts are standard fine or coarse thread. I.E. The 1/4 inch
bolts are either 1/4 / 28 TPI or 20 TPI.

> A good source is
> http://www.mcmaster.com/#
>
> Bob
>
>> On 03/13/2015 12:22 PM, James_ wrote:
>> Anyone know where to buy BSP bolts and nuts?
>> A bolt sheared and I'd like to replace with the original threads. Google
isn't bringing me anything but maybe I am not using the proper search
criteria. :-)