Re: [6pack] Original color of floorpans

To: James_ <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Original color of floorpans
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 07:43:50 -0500 (EST)
Cc: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Hi,

I've seen mention that the primer was not always red. First, the bodies
were dipped in paint as part of the process. That's why the primer color
is visible in hard to reach nooks and crannies. But the anecdotal
reference is that toward the end of the week (e.g. FRI afternoon), the
paint shop dumped any paint that was leftover for the week into the
dipping tank.

I've never seen anything but that primer red, but different shades are
def. possible.

But if you're installing new floor pans, try to leave the e-coat as intact
as possible and then scuff it and paint as explaind - body color on the
interior and if you're going for concours, you might try to duplicate the
primer color on the bottom sides.

Regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489