[6pack] Zenith Carbs: should I save from the crusher?

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[41BF64B0:01D03119]
Subject: [6pack] Zenith Carbs: should I save from the crusher?
From: James_ <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:16:12 -0800
>From time to time I visit auto salvage yards. The ones out west only keep cars
>for 30-90 days. Then they are crushed! Back east the yards save vehicles a
>long time. So I never felt pressured to grab parts.
Now I loose sleep knowing that parts are being destroyed. I don't need the
parts but maybe others do. Now I didn't really want to be in the business of
being a parts warehouse, but maybe I do start investing in used parts. For
example I just found out a 1972 Jag got crushed that had perfect Zenith carbs
on it. Ugh! I found another Jag (1974) and thinking it is my duty to start
saving parts.
Just wanting a reality check...should I start investing in saving things like
carbs? It would probably cost me a bit but if I broke even and not stuck with
the parts - I am ok with that. Just need to pick and choose what parts.
I think a good set of carbs would be good to save.
Others agree??? They are no longer made but maybe people just switch to Webers
anyway.

bSent from my Atari 2600b