[6pack] Sloane's oil pressure

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Sloane's oil pressure
From: Yahoo <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:02:42 -0700
My cold start up pressure is  80- 85 lbs when she roars to life.   Same as when
I bought my 6 17 years ago.   Hot 900 rpm idle is 20-25.   I did the oil pump
blueprint a few years ago when I had the pan off to install steel sealing
block, fix a leak and clean out gunk at bottom of pan.  Smoothing out the oil
pump body gave me 5-10 lbs at start-up.   Other then that and new thrust
washers, no bottom end work by me.   I use STP at every oil change, which is
every fall nowadays.
I think my pressure is quite acceptable, but not perfect.   Power is very good.
Cheers,  Bruce Simms