Re: [6pack] Engine guys.

To: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net> FILETIME=[FF8D0E70:01CFEBEB]
Subject: Re: [6pack] Engine guys.
From: Gene Holtzclaw <motrv8d@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 18:28:10 -0400
Cc: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
It sounds also possible you have bearings for a crank that has been turned,
say .010,maybe .020, but you have a standard crank.

Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net> wrote:

On 10/19/2014 2:00 PM, 6pack-request@autox.team.net wrote:
> Engine guys?
Are you sure you have the main caps on the correct way and not
backwards. That's the fastest way to bind up the crank.
Also do you check your main bearing clearances with plasti-gauge?
Did you have the crank turned??
I have been building engines for years and I always start with the
mains. Make sure you can turn the crank with your hand then proceed to
the rods.
Glenn
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

6pack@autox.team.net