Re: [6pack] rear shocks and vibration

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] rear shocks and vibration
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:29:18 -0700
Dave, Jeff's experience sounds useful here, especially if you are
seeing fluid leak at the shock.

In addition, it could be a combination of things, acting together.
Our archives say that the original steel wheels (less than stellar
quality, some say) sometimes cause vibration problems too.
In my own case, with original wheels, I just put a decent set of
Yokohama tires on the TR6, and my 55MPH vibration problems all went away.

I had been suspecting shocks, or U-joints, maybe driveshaft balance,
etc. but the tires did the trick for me.

--Glenn/74.5
San Diego

At 04:20 PM 7/27/2013, Dave wrote:

>Ibm getting a vibration at about 60 mph.  I figured it was a u joint, but
>none of them are obvious.
>
>the passenger side rear shock is all oily, so I figure its shot.
snip