Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 Braking issue

To: robert rudolphi <robertrudolphi@yahoo.com>, 6pack@ <autox.team.net 6pack@autox.team.net>, triumphs@ <autox.team.net triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 Braking issue
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 18:00:12 GMT FILETIME=[0FACBF70:01CD3E8E]
Robert---Normally, when the brake pedal drops, fluid gets past the seal and
leaks out somewhere. Check the area directly under where the MC is bolted to
the booster. If you don't see signs of linkage, you may just have air in the
system.

The booster itself could be leaking vacuum and cause one to press harder on the
pedal to get the same amount of brake pad contact pressure.

Another possibility is, IF-you engage first gear when stopped, like at a
traffic light- is that the clutch is dragging and pulling the car forward. To
eliminate this as the cause of your 'creep', take the tranny out of gear when
stopped. See what happens.

Dick