Re: [6pack] TR3 Gearbox Oil

To: =?utf-8?Q?email_=E2=85=9C=5C?= <emw327@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR3 Gearbox Oil
From: trsix74@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:58:57 +0000 (UTC)
There are many answers to this question. In some books it recommends 30W, other
vesions it shows 90W. Some TR repair experts have the same opinions. My local
man who has been repairing LBC's for over 30 years says Triumphs use 90 w and
Mg's use 30w.

I have been driving my TR3A with a 1968 OD gearbox for 5 years now with 90w. I
replace the oil yearly, only because in the winter I get bored, start feeling
like need to do something to extend the life of my car and I enjoy the mess I
make!

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive