[6pack] running/starting trouble

To: "'6 Pack list'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] running/starting trouble
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:18:08 -0500
72 tr6  triple zs  mild cam etc but has points and condensor

normal dizzy is out being recurved (that one has electronic ignition)

this is a used one and I'm not sure of the history

had problem the other night running.  turned out to be a broken rotor.

now its hard starting, worse than it used to be, although that seems to be
deterioriating.

runs ok, then not so much, runs ok, then not so much.  periods of not running
so well are 5 to 10 minutes apart.  sometimes it cuts out then restarts almost
immediately.

I'm thinking first of all look for pieces of the rotor in the dizzy.  it
literally broke into pieces and I don't have them all.

what else?  maybe replace points?  how about condensor?

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums