Re: [6pack] Dead

To: John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Dead
From: Henri Lefebvre <75teer6@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:23:50 -0600
John,

A similar thing happened to me when I was at the race track a few weeks ago.

The car, my street TR6, ran very well during the 'novice lapping'
session and I kept my eyes on the road, the tach, speedo, oil pressure
and temp gauges. After the session, when it was time to leave the
starter would not turn. I suspected that it was affected by the engine
heat. Got a short push to start and left for home but halfway home the
engine died. CAA confirmed that the battery was drained, and when we
re-started the car the alternator was showing a low charge rate.
Next day I had the alternator tested and it was under 20 amp maximum charge.
The weak alternator could not keep the battery fully charged.
This process also finished the battery.
I installed the rebuilt alternator and a new battery and all is well.

Henri
75 TR6, triple webers

--
Henri