Re: [6pack] Manifold Studs and gasket

To: Jim Hurley <jimhurle@gmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Manifold Studs and gasket
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 00:38:38 GMT
Jim---No dressing is necessary for the manifold gasket.
The studs for the manifolds aren't going anywhere. In fact, they can sometimes
resist coming out. I use just a light smear of anti-seize on the threaded end
that goes into the head, and just snug them up. (The non-threaded shank will
bottom out the stud)
No gorilla tactics necessary!

Dick