[6pack] Transmission rear seal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Transmission rear seal
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
I have a persistent leak from the rear seal on my transmission and thought
while I was replacing the old differential with the Q45 LSD I would also
change the old tranny seal.  Are there any tricks to this or do I just pry the
old one out and drive the new one in?  I know the old saw that "if a British
car stops leaking it's out of oil" applies but since I have the motor down to
a drop or two every now and then, and hopefully the new Japanese diff won't
leak, I thought I would see what I could do with the tranny.

Mike Lunsford,
1970 TR 6, soon with LSD (no, not the kind from the 70s)
Tired of
spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com