[6pack] Heard on Sunday in UK at Standard-Triumph Marque Day

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Heard on Sunday in UK at Standard-Triumph Marque Day
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 20:06:10 +0100
S-T Marque Day in the UK was the hottest day of the year, so far. Held at RAF
Duxford - a branch of
The Imperial War Museum - and near Cambridge.
Organisers said there were about 750 cars present. My wife and a friend were
walking to buy
ice-cream and overheard the following:

A little girl (about 3 years old) was walking along the serried ranks of
gleaming cars with her
Mummy.
"Mummy!!!! Look, there's another old Trump!!!"
"No darling, ssshhhh - you don't say trump. It's Triumph"

(For those of us divided by a common language, the use of 'trump' in the UK is
the more polite term
for flatulence)

So probably, if we'd all listened very carefully during the day, we might have
*heard* the odd
trump - but there's absolutely no doubt on another score and that was the
number of Old Trumps
driving them. I'm pleased to say I was one of them!

Jonmac