Re: [6pack] Installing rubber window seal, etc.

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Installing rubber window seal, etc.
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:55:52 +0000
Someone showed me how to make the little tool for the replacement of the inner
and outer side window seals. You take a length of steel strapping from a rack
of bricks, needing maybe 1 foot or two. You make a sharp 180 degree bend about
a half inch from an end, making a cradle for the new clip to rest in. Bend the
rest of the length of the strap so you can hold on to it while you pull up on
the clip which has been lowered into position with the 'tool'. Others may have
a better method, but this worked for me.

Sloane :)

69-Six

> Folks,
>
> I seem to recall that there's a special tool for either the
> removal/replacement of the rubber window seal...or is it for the interior
door
> panel clips?

Rediscover Hotmail.: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.
http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Stor
age2_042009