Re: [6pack] Buddy's Spit has carb issues

To: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Buddy's Spit has carb issues
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 07:15:15 -0700
        Sloane:

        Sounds like good old fashioned heat soak to me. Does the car start if he
attempts to restart it immediately after shutting it down? If so, I doubt that
the float is stuck.

        Read the plugs to see if the mixture is correct, adjust as needed. A
guess
would be that the mix is lean, causing extra heat.
        Adjust/clean the temperature compensator in the carb to make sure it is
working correctly.
        If all else fails, install a heat shield between the carb and exhaust
manifold.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom