Re: [6pack] Removing gearbox fill plug

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Removing gearbox fill plug
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:21:16 -0700
        Stan:

        Is this approach safe? The casing is aluminum, and I would be afraid
of damage by that much heat. I suppose a mig might be OK (as opposed to
acetylene) as it minimizes the amount of heat applied, but I would still
worry. Have you tried this before on an aluminum casing? I have not, so if you
have and it worked, then I humbly withdraw my concern...

        Vance

      Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast