[6pack] OD doesn't disengage

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] OD doesn't disengage
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:00:49 -0700 (PDT)
What would cause the OD on my 69 TR 6 not to disengage.  When I initially got
the car to going after it had been stored for 14 years the OD engaged
sporadically.  I replaced the solenoid and the OD now engages just fine but
only rarely disengages as it should.  I checked the fluid level on the tranny
and it is up to the fill plug.  I even added a small spring to return the
lever the solenoid activates back to its non engaged position but that didn't
seem to help.  I haven't drained the transmission yet but it looks like that
is the next step along with removing and cleaning the filter.  Still, it would
seem that if there is enough pressure to engage the OD the fluid shouldn't be
the cause of the problem.

MIke Lunsford, 1969 and 1970 TR 6

PS:  Is there any concensus on the type of oil to use in the trans?  I've
heard everything to 85-90 gear oil to motor oil to ATF.  I usually try to stay
with whatever is already in the trans if I can determine what that is.